Good habits don't happen by accident. How do they happen? Here are some suggestions you can use and tailor to fit your personality and lifestyle.
- Evaluate your schedule, be realistic.
- Prioritize activities, daily, weekly, etc.
- You may need to cut some activities, or reduce their frequency to make room for the good things you want to do for yourself.
- Start slow, don't overwhelm yourself, baby steps are still steps.
- Find a buddy, an accountability partner, be each other's cheerleader, make it fun.
- When (notice that isn't an "if") you fail to stick to the plan; forgive yourself and get back on track. No one does it perfect.
- Remember the reason you are making changes. Not to look good in a bathing suit; but to get healthy and keep or improve your quality of life. The better you feel, the more enjoyable the fun and necessary things will be. The people who love you will be glad you are taking care of yourself too.
- Figure out a way to track progress. I confess I fail a lot in this area; but it is very helpful when you keep up with it. If you like the tech toys and can afford one; there are several on the market that will track things (movement, food, etc.) for you. You just need to figure out you and that isn't always so easy as it should be, :)