Saturday, March 29, 2014

Promote Yourself

I had an appointment this morning to donate blood.  Something I've done for years with varying regularity.  (Insert encouragement to donate blood here.)  This morning I did something different; a double red cell donation.  This takes at least twice as long as a regular donation.  Well, there wasn't much to do but chat with the Red Cross techs for about 30 minutes.  Early on the conversation turned to jewelry and gave me opportunity to do a little promoting.  I had my tablet with me and was able to show them some pictures and explain what kind of jewelry I make.  I passed out 4 cards; one to the man who was in line after me to pass to his wife.  Now four more people have my Facebook Fan Page, this blog, and my website URL.  Whether there will be any sales as a result or not; no way to know right now, but there are 4 more chances out there.  Hopefully they will be reading this post and, if so; know that I appreciate the opportunity to show them some of my work.  As you go through each day, take opportunities to tell people about yourself and what you do.  Have fun and enjoy the journey.

Below are a few pieces I've been having fun with.  Leave me a note to tell me what you think they are made of.  I hope you'll be surprised.

When the technique was new to me.

A fun pendant
Size perspective

Pieces that will become necklace and earring sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment