Thursday, May 8, 2014

Wire Wrap Captured Stones

Again it has been a while since I've made a new post.  Have been working on several non jewelry related projects, research for a truck my husband is restoring (doing it for me, how cool is he), upkeep on rentals that have been vacated for a couple weeks, and a variety of things you have to do just because they need done.  Oh, then there was/is the getting my work room organized, new shelving, storage boxes that actually work. and filling the new space.  Time invested now to save me time in the future; I'm lovin' it.  Now I just need to exercise some self discipline and I should be back on track soon..  O.K. back to the focus of this blog; the latest step in my jewelry journey.

I think I mentioned before that I tend to put off what I haven't done before.  I get the materials, read the instructions, then I look at it for a few days before jumping into the project (another thing I need to get over and stop doing).  This time it was more getting to the end of the day and being too tired to start on a project I had never tried before.  So a couple days ago I tried my first captured stone wire wrap and was pleased with the results.  As is normal I learned a couple things in the process that I could do better next time, so I took a second run at it; liked the second one even better.  Please take a look at them and tell me what you think.  Am I ready to move on to a special project?  Your feedback is always appreciated.

First try, stone is about 1" x 1.5"
Purple stone, Pink wire

Second piece





The stone is about 1: x 1 1/4"

No comments:

Post a Comment