Thursday, May 15, 2014

Totally Different Wire

A couple of days ago a friend called asking if I could make a certain style of necklace.  The style is totally new for me but I think it is something I will work with.  The pictures attached are the first 2 necklaces based on my friend's request.  Need to figure out earrings to go with them that contain matching elements but are still lite enough for earrings.  Maybe they will be the next post.

I think these necklaces are a blend of trend and art.  Large enough for today's bulky jewelry trend but with the staying power of art.  Lots of potential to create beautiful jewelry with themes, popular elements, and color combinations with a price point of $25 to $35.

I started this blog with the idea of reviewing the journey I've had down the path of jewelry creation.  It seems I have learned more since starting the blog than I had up until this time.  The more I have learned the more I want to learn and the easier/faster it seems to happen.  I have goals for more intricate wire work that I hope to share with you soon.

Hope you like these:

Focal bead from Bead Soup Swap


Owls, very popular right now, try to capitalize on the trend



2 comments:

  1. I really like this piece....very eclectic which is somewhat my style...


    veradesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to try a few more of these. I think I figured out a way to store and transport them, which took care of one of the concerns I had, both for shows and for personal pieces. Thanks again.

      Delete