Sunday, February 9, 2014

First Attempt at Blogging

Today marks the first time I'm giving this a try.  I began learning to make jewelry about 2 years ago.  I started with polymer clay, which is still one of my favorites as it is so versatile; what you can do is limited only by your imagination.  I didn't plan to expand at first but as I started to develop the clay pieces I made I needed to learn more about mounting, stringing, and displaying them.  As a result, I've added other beads, learned wire wrap, chain maille, and am working on more complex wire work.

Several months ago I began teaching jewelry at Michael's in Chesapeake, VA.  That gave me connections with other instructors all over the country and as a result and invitation to join a "bead swap" group.  I am thankful for all of these events as they push me to get better at what I do, and expand in both jewelry creation and now to start a blog.  I am looking forward to growing in the field of jewelry and sharing my experience through the blog process.  I will appreciate feedback and input from the community as I am stepping out of my comfort zone.  As jewelry was a completely new area for me 2 years ago; blogging is new now.

One of my favorite verses is:

Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds a house,
    the work of the builders is wasted.
Unless the Lord protects a city,
    guarding it with sentries will do no good.

I will give this my best effort; but only with God's help and blessing will it be a success.

So this is to be continued; I hope you will be part of the journey.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation on starting your blog. Just in time for BSBP, but a way for you to express your creativity in another place besides facebook. I meet many people that to this day don't wish to fb, but are willing to search google & stumble onto blogs that interest them. Plus by doing the blog, it won't get lost in your feed as it does on fb. You have all of your stories, experiences, tutorials you create all in one place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input Kathleen. Your point is well taken about Facebook and keeping a focused chain has to be an advantage. Looking forward to the journey.

      Delete